Hobo Days - January 11, 2014
ALL LIONS MEMBERS & THEIR FAMILIES (spouses, kids, grandkids, cousins, aunts/uncles grandparents, etc) ARE INVITED TO HOBO DAYS, its a social event so come put faces with names, eat, play the cake walk, 50/50, silent auction & live auction. Branson-Hollister Lions Club Building (1015 East HWY 76 Branson, Mo). Every club is asked to make either a $25.00 monetary donation or donate a $25.00 item for the Hobo Day Auction (Example: have a business in your town donate a basket or item worth $25). Any money/items can be given to your Zone Chair, DG Nick, 1st VDG Pete, 2nd VDG OR you can bring it down that night for Hobo Days. All proceeds for this event are for the M6 District so our dues stay low & we can help others in our District. Thank you for supporting this very important District Fundraiser/social event!
Download flyer here!
Fish Fry Fundraiser for Lion Lucinda Garringer
Miller Lions Club is having a fish fry fundraiser to help support Lion Lucinda, club secretary. She has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and has had to have a kidney removed. The fish fry will be Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM at the Miller Lions Club Building. There will be a live auction & pie auction. This will be Millers city Christmas parade that evening after the parade Santa will be stopping by for wish lists & photo opt. Help Miller Lions to help a fellow Lion. Flyer
2014 Missouri Lions All State Band information
The Missouri Lions All-State Band is in desperate need of band students for 2014 International Convention that will be in Toronto, Canada. Currently only 8 students have indicated they want to go. Please help promote this in your clubs town. The band needs at least 100 members to be a serious competitor. Cost per band member is $1,100. Deadline is coming soon as students must have visa's to go. For more information contact Nancy Eaves for our District & read more on the state website. Flyer
District News for everyone to know
Does your club need information out for the district to know about a special event, anniversary, just proud & want everyone to know! Well it's easy!! Below is several ways but if send to all at once they can get it up ASAP for you. Just get the 5 W's (Who, What, When, Where & Why) in your email, if you have a poster you can email that too.
~ Website = Lion Cathy Simpson - PO Box 671 Seymour, Mo 65746 - Cell: (417) 425-9841 - email: email@example.com
~ Facebook Page = Lion Cathy Simpson is the page admin but anyone can write on your all's page at "Missouri Lions District M6". Just put in your event attach a picture if like or send Lion Cathy the info & it will get up there.
~ Newsletter = Please submit information for publication by the 10th of each month, my target date for distribution is the 15th of each month. Lion Jennie Mosher - 27011 Harrill Lane Lebanon, Mo 65536 - Cell: (417) 288-8077 or Residents: (417) 326-2422 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct. & Nov. 2013 Newsletter in Document Library page
- M6 District Convention registration, hotel info, tentative
highlights & exhibit forms.
- Mid-Winter Forum registration & their website (at the bottom of calendar page)
- Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation has new name "Saving Sight" as of December 1, 2013. Read all about it in the letter here. New website here.
- January cabinet meeting at Miller Lions Club. Read more about the meeting
- Miller fundraiser fish fry (on left)
December 2013 Up-Coming Events
- 1 = District winner of the Peace Poster winner turned into MD-26
- 7 = Lockwood Lions 1/2 hog raffle (flyer)
- 7 = Miller fish fry (flyer)
January 2014 Up-Coming Events
- 1 = International Dues are due
- 11 = Hobo Days in Branson-Hollister Lions Club Building (1015 East Hwy 76 Branson)
- 18 = Cabinet Meeting - Miller Lions Club
- 25 = Council of Governors in Sedalia, Mo
Have I missed an event????
If so e-mail me at email@example.com