DISTRICT M6 CONVENTION
February 27 & 28, 2015
The 2015 District M6 Convention will be held at the Ramada Inn and Oasis Convention Center in Springfield, Mo on February 27 & 28, 2015. Guest International Director Robert S. Littlefield will be coming in and would love to share some awesome news about Lions around the world & much more. The Ramada Oasis has a great rate for rooms. There will be workshops, parade of banners, luncheon, banquet, and exhibits. Something new this year will be inducting new lions members. Get your registration, sample ballot, and more information about the convention on the convention website page.
The next District M6
Starting at 10:00 AM on May 16, 2015
The Chubb O'Reily Cancer Center Auditorium (2055 S. Fremont Springfield, Mo)
Who should attend Cabinet Meetings? The Document Library page goes more into detail.
2015 Missouri Lions All-State Band
July 3 - 11, 2015
in Orlando, Florida
The Missouri Lions All-State Band for 2015 will be here before we know it. Any high school band member who would like to go to Orlando, Florida July 3-11, 2015 will need to fill out the application (front & back), down payment of $100 non-refundable, and the high school band director or other school official to send evaluation of your character and playing ability.
The full cost of the Disney trip will be $1,000 per student and will cover the camp, all meals, lodging, transportation, 2 colorful tee shirts and all the planned recreation and sightseeing. The students will be responsible for their way to & from Ft. Wood. Please consider your Lions Club to help with some of the cost so band students don't miss this awesome & life memorable chance of an opportunity!!!
- June 12, 2015 = Students final payment due.
- June 27, 2015 = Percussion & color Guard Camp at Ft. Wood, Mo
- June 28, 2015 = Full band at Ft. Wood, Mo
- July 2, 2015 = Farewell Concert for Lions, Parents, and Guests
at Ft. Wood, Mo.
- July 3-11, 2015 = Orlando, Florida
- July 11 = Return to Ft. Wood, Mo.
- July 18 = Missouri Lions Blue and Gold All-Star Football Game at Warrensburg, Mo.
A journalism student at Missouri University, Hailey Rutlege has produced a video about Lions Clubs and eyeglasses. Hailey was a student in one of the early classes sponsored by the Springfield Host Lions Club where we introduced students to information about blindness, eye care and how Lions Clubs helped others. This class was an idea by Lion Judy Young and is now in its 12th year. Hailey contacted Lion Jerry Young as President of our club and asked for an interview. She wanted to portray some of what she learned to others and to comment about needing and wearing eyeglasses. The video is part of Project for Awesome. The voting is now over but it is a great video worth seeing & showing to other Lions members & people in your community.
- Hartville Conceal & Carry Weapons Class, Isaacs concert, "Workin' Like a Dog" Walk flyers on Document Library
- Quality Lion Award on Document Library
- Social Media 101 Document Library
- Band Registration on Document Library (also to the left)
- Proposed changes in Dist. 26-M6 Constitution and ByLaws to be voted on (Sample Ballot) on District Convention and Document Library
- Seminar topics Revised on District Convention
- Links fixed on Lions Links
- Look around & if you see something incorrect or needs to be added please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 2015 Up-Coming Events
- 9 = Past District Governor's Winter Meeting (Only for PDG, spouse/guest of PDG) of District 26-M6 Honorary Committee at Family Steak House in Monett, Mo starting at 7:00 PM.
- 10 = Hobo Day - Branson-Hollister Lions Club Building, Branson, MO - Doors open at 4:30 PM
- 17 = M6 District Cabinet Meeting (information on the left)
- 24 = Council of Governors Meeting - Cape Girardeau, MO
February 2015 Up-Coming Events
- 1 = Peace Poster contest winners announced
- 6 & 7 = MD26 Mid-Winter Forum - Chateau on the Lake - Branson, MO
- 27 & 28 = M6 District Convention at the Ramada Inn & Oasis Convention Center
Have I missed an event????
If so e-mail me at email@example.com
District News for everyone to know
Does your club need information out for the district to know about a special event, anniversary, just proud & want everyone to know! Well it's easy!! Below is several ways but if send to all at once they can get it up ASAP for you. Just get the 5 W's (Who, What, When, Where & Why) in your email, if you have a poster you can email that too.
~ Website = Lion Cathy Simpson - PO Box 671 Seymour, Mo 65746 - Cell: (417) 425-9841 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Facebook Page = Lion Cathy Simpson is the page admin but anyone can write on your all's page at "Missouri Lions District M6". Just put in your event attach a picture if like or send Lion Cathy the info & it will get up there.
~ Newsletter = Please submit information for publication by the 10th of each month, my target date for distribution is the 15th of each month. Lion Jennie Mosher - 27011 Harrill Lane Lebanon, Mo 65536 - Phone number 1 (417) 532-9176 - email: email@example.com