2015-2016 Cabinet Meeting
The first Cabinet meeting for the 2015-2016 year will be on August 1, 2015 in Monett, Mo at the First Presbyterian Church (700 Sycamore).
Officers Training - This is offered for Zone Chairmen, Club Presidents, Club Secretaries, and Club Membership Chairman. This is the first year we have offered training for membership chairs and will be a wonderful opportunity to learn how to improve your outreach for new members.
Lunch - Will be served at Noon. As cabinet members (listed above), your lunch will be provided for anyone else it is $8.50 each.
Cabinet Meeting - Starts at 1:00 pm. Great information is provided for everyone to hear about what is going on in the district. Plan on staying & seeing what all is new for the new 2015-2016 coming year.
Download Agenda to Cabinet Meeting here.
Tie Quilt from District M6
Do you have extra ties laying around your house? Well here's a great way to get rid of them!!! Lion Elaine Crump from Seymour Lions Club is wanting ties to make a tie quilt. She is only needing ties with Lions animal print or Lions Club logo related (she has enough of the solid colors, thank you). She will be making it to raffle off for a district event and all proceeds will go to the district, so keep watching. You may send in your Lion ties to: Seymour Lions Club c/o Elaine Crump PO Box 235 Seymour, MO 65746 or just give them to her at any event from now till December 31, 2015.
- Cabinet Meeting and Officer Training - Aug 1, First Presbyterian Church (700 Sycamore) Monett, MO. More information on the left.
- It's Fair & Festival time around the area. Many Lions Clubs help out with these fairs and festivals. Stop by and say hello to fellow Lions also see if they might need some extra help. It counts as make up at your own clubs for attendance!!
- Cabinet Meeting - Marshfield Lions Club (210 Maple) Marshfield, MO on November 15, 2015. Starting at 2:00 PM.
- 2016 State Convention In Springfield, MO. Check out all the information on the new State Convention website and also visit our Facebook group page.
- Look around & if you see something incorrect or needs to be added please let me know at email@example.com.
August 2015 Up-Coming Events
- 1 = Carl Junction Lions - Breakfast served at the Carl Junction Community Center with all you can eat pancakes, biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, hash browns & drink. $5 for adults, kids 12 & under $3.
- 1 = Cabinet Meeting and Officer Training - First Presbyterian Church (700 Sycamore) Monett, MO. More information on the left.
- 1-8 = Springfield Lions Clubs - Springfield Host working the Lions Duck Pond, Springfield Evening and Springfield Queen City working the entery gates all at the Ozark Empire Fair in Springfield, MO. (Also July 30 & 31)
September 2015 Up-Coming Events
- 5 = Carl Junction Lions - Breakfast served at the Carl Junction Community Center with all you can eat pancakes, biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, hash browns & drink. $5 for adults, kids 12 & under $3.
- 5 = Stockton Lions - Fall Chicken Stampede on the Stockton Square, Meal of Chicken or Pulled Pork to benefit Lions Charities.
- 10-12 = Seymour Lions - Hamburger conssion stand at the Seymour Apple Festival.
- 17-19 = USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum - Grand Rapids, Michigan. Brochure & application on Document Library page.
- 23-26 = Stockton Lions - Serving in concession with funnel cakes daily from 3-10 pm (Sat 9/26 from 11 AM - 10 PM) at the Stockton Black Walnut Festival in the Stockton City Park.
- 26 = Carl Junction Lions - Selling corn dogs and fresh squeezed lemonade at the Carl Junction Bluegrass Festival.
Have I missed an event????
If so e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
District News for everyone to know
Does your club need information out for the district to know about a special event, anniversary, just proud & want everyone to know! Well it's easy!! Below is several ways but if send to all at once they can get it up ASAP for you. Just get the 5 W's (Who, What, When, Where & Why) in your email, if you have a poster you can email that too.
~ Website = Lion Cathy Simpson - PO Box 671 Seymour, Mo 65746 - Cell: (417) 425-9841 - email: email@example.com
~ Facebook Page = Lion Cathy Simpson is the page admin but anyone can write on your all's page at "Missouri Lions District M6". Just put in your event attach a picture if like or send Lion Cathy the info & it will get up there.
~ Newsletter = Please submit information for publication by the 10th of each month, my target date for distribution is the 15th of each month. Lion Jennie Mosher - 27011 Harrill Lane Lebanon, Mo 65536 - Phone number 1 (417) 532-9176 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org